Wednesday, 26 September 2012

cake bunting and christmas books...




if you ever find yourself in need of a quick cake decoration here's a
 little how-to that might help  :)
 you will need...


2 wooden skewers (food safe)
various washi tapes
string 
scissors


cut a piece of string that is almost twice as wide as the cake...

leave a length of string at each end to tie onto skewer

cut washi tapes long enough to fold over the string to form a double layer

cut into a pennant shape ( or semi circle, rectangle or any shape you fancy )


tie on to the skewer

stick into cake :)
(don't light candles while this is on cake) obvious I know but thought I should mention it x


we had a lovely weekend with lots of bunting and lovely gifts  Yay :)

making the most of the sunshine we rode an open top bus through one of my favourite cities....

can you spot the clue?

tomorrow is our 15th wedding anniversary...I might just get my Tiara out and wear it round the house for the day to celebrate :) 

.....and so we are fast heading into October...which means we may start thinking about ......Christmas.....if so there is a very lovely book due out next month from the fab people at Mollie Makes...

 
the book is available to pre-order over here
with a discount if you use the code MollieLoves at the checkout :)

x x x x x 




22 comments:

  1. Can't wait o look at the mollie Christmas book! THanks for the heads up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOh Jane I like the look of the Mollie makes book. I am a Liverpool girl but moved away when I was in my teens. My little sis is 40 next week so guess what is going on her cake!!!! Thank you!
    Sharon x
    (ps. may even use some leftover papers of yours)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your bunting :) looks sweet. and wishing you celebrate your wedding anniversary to the fullest! have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday Jane, and Happy Anniversary for tomorrow! Wear your tiara with pride! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute ideas, the books looks awesome too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute cake bunting :thank you!!!
    Happy Anniversary!!! Even we celebrated our "15" last May!!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I don't make much stuff at Christmas these days, I couldn't resist the book and got a good deal at another online book place, saving several pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet little bunting idea. Everytime your post a blog with a crafty project I get all inspired to "make something."

    ReplyDelete
  9. your ideas are always so darling...and the Mollie makes book is a must...must go see if I can order a copy...hugs for a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mimi's birthday is Friday how cute would this be for her party......thank you for this tutorial.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute bunting - thanks for the tutorial. I have the Mollie Makes book on pre-order, can't wait to get it too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, believe me it is not obvious to not light the candles! I read that thinking that's exactly what I'd do. Then I'd stand back to take a picture and see a bunting inferno in my viewfinder!
    Happy Anniversary.
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the cake bunting tutorial. I'm going to 'pin' it right away! Now I just need to venture into the dangers of the kitchen to make a cake to put some bunting on.....
    And thanks for the book tip - that's going straight on to my Amazon wish list.....
    Thanks for all the inspiration!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my!
    Don't mention the fact that you are in Mollie Makes book. I flippin will !!
    Can't wait to give you your present on Saturday. x x x x x x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaaaah, Liverpool... curious about the MM book!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the bunting - as I do all your things... I currently have my eye on one of your patchwork blankets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy anniversary Jane ... I think the tiara would be a great look ... :) ... looking forward to the Christmas MM too ... Bee xx

      Delete
  18. Book will definitely be on my christmas list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely tutorial for the bunting, thanks for sharing. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh I'm excited about the mollie makes christmas book, haven't seen that one before ;) thanks for the tip! Such cute little cake bunting too!
    Jessie, xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh lovely Liverpool!
    and...............Christmas!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely to hear from you :) x